Monday, June 12, 2017, 9:00 AM - Friday, June 16, 2017, 12:00 PM
frequently asked questions
- How big is VBS expected to be this year? Last year we had over 600 children register to attend VBS and our church has grown since that time.
- How do I register my child for VBS? You can simply click on the link ABOVE to register.
- What week is VBS planned for this year? This year’s VBS will begin on June 12th and run through Friday June 16th. The hours will be from 9:00 to 12:00 noon, with drop off starting at 8:45.
- Will there be a registration cut off again this year? Yes, due to requirements to place children into VBS groups and establish rotation schedules we must have a cut off to our registration. May 29th at 5:00 pm is the registration deadline.
- What if I want to bring a friend to VBS who did not register? You are welcome to bring them and we can register them the day they come. They will also need a medical release signed by a parent.
- Will we need to complete medical releases for our children? Yes, for the safety of your children we require a medical release. They can be found on the church website when you register your child and the link will be included in your email confirmation.
- Why is there a $10 registration fee this year? In the last few years there have been a large number of children that were registered and never attended VBS. We estimate that we spent about $1500 last year on supplies and snacks for children who registered but did never attended. The $10 fee is to help cover the cost of each child that comes to VBS and allows us to be good stewards of the church’s funds.
- What If I want to bring a friend who does not go to church, will they also pay a $10 fee? No, due to a generous gift from one of our church members the fee for all of these guests has been covered.
- What are the qualifications if I want to serve? It’s easy! You must love children and complete a background check form in order to serve.
- How many volunteers do you need to serve in VBS? The answer is as many as possible, but we must have at least 199 trained volunteers in order to have a safe VBS program. We always need more volunteers due to a growing VBS ministry.
- What are the ages for children to participate in VBS? This year our VBS program is designed for Elementary age children that have completed Kindergarten through completed 5th Any Preschool children (including completed VPK) of parents that are serving in VBS will also be able to participate in a modified VBS program that week in preschool.
- I have a fifth grader who is going into middle school, can they come to VBS? Yes, this year the rising fifth grade class will have a VBS program that is being led by our Student Ministry team and will take place on campus during VBS week. We are hoping this provides a smooth transition for our Fifth Graders into our Student Ministry in the fall.